- Circuit length:
- 3.728 miles/6.000km
- Circuit type:
- Temporary street course
Opatija has been subject to the local political changes, having been located in the former Yugoslavia, then Italy and now Croatia!
Locally known as Preluk, the 6.0 km track was named Abazzia in the 1930s, when the territory temporarily belonged to Italy, and also as Carnaro.
It hosted international races (post-World War II) between 1950 and 1977, and bike races, including the Yugoslavian Motorcycle Grand Prix from 1969 to 1977. GT and sportscar races were held between 1950 and 1959, Formula Junior in 1960, 1961 and 1963, and Formula 3 between 1964 and 1968.
Worries over safety at the track forced its closure, and racing switched to the newly-constructed Rijeka circuit.